The Expedited Housing Initiative (EHI), is a program created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through EHI, Chicago Rents connects property partners with tenants and supplies rental assistance as needed up to a grant end date of September 30, 2022. Property partners are guaranteed rent payments from Chicago Rents, even if the tenant is unable to pay. Additionally, tenants will receive support from case managers to adjust to their new homes.
Are you interested? Please fill out this survey and a Landlord Engagement Coordinator will be in touch shortly.
Benefits of the EHI Program
• Property Partner Support – Chicago Rents acts as a single point of contact for property partners, providing all the support needed to successfully onboard tenants and connect with assistance around issues that may arise, including support to prevent eviction.
• Tenant Case Management – Tenants receive supportive services for the duration of the lease from trained staff.
• Landlord Risk Mitigation Fund – In case of damages, property partners can receive funds to repair units.
• Free Advertising – Property partners can easily advertise unit vacancies through Chicago Rents, saving advertising costs.
• Timely Payments – Chicago Rents will make prompt payments with the option of direct deposit, allowing rent payments to be deposited straight into your account.
• Document Reduction – Chicago Rents staff will obtain necessary documents such as W9 paperwork, direct deposit forms, and proof of ownership to expedite payment processing.
• Community Engagement – You can be part of the solution for ending homelessness for your neighbors in Chicago!
EHI Property Partner Onboarding Webinar
Chicago Rents Project Manager Erik Cjaza created an onboarding webinar for landlords and property owners interested in the ESG Program.
EHI Property Partner Onboarding Process Document
Erik Czaja created this document outlining the property partner onboarding process.
Just Housing Amendment Video
Charlie Isaacs from Uptown People’s Law Center created a short video for landlords on the Just Housing Amendment.
JHA Screening Process Guide
Cook County Commission on Human Rights