All Chicago is pleased to announce that Round 2 of funding is now available to assist Chicago homeless services agencies during the response to COVID-19. Building on All Chicago’s longstanding Emergency Fund, we have partnered with several philanthropic partners to launch the Chicago COVID-19 Homeless System Agency Emergency Fund. This fund will provide unrestricted and flexible emergency financial assistance to homeless service agencies as they respond to the COVID-19 crisis. Additionally, on March 20th, the Illinois Department of Human Services announced that $6 million would be made available for isolation housing for people experiencing homelessness. All Chicago is working closely with the State to administer and disburse this funding to Continuums of Care (CoCs) throughout Illinois. The Chicago CoC has been allocated $3 million of this state funding. Funding notifications for Round 1 of funding were sent on April 15th to agencies across the city. Applications for Round 2 are due by May 1, 2020 at 5pm.
All Chicago has developed a simple application process to make the funds available as efficiently as possible. We will work closely with leaders across the city and state to monitor agency needs and guide the Chicago COVID-19 Homeless System Agency Emergency Fund toward system funding gaps.
Please find more detailed information and application instructions here.
Round 2 Funding Priorities:
- The fund aims to support agencies that are providing services in neighborhoods that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
- The fund aims to offset COVID-19 related costs that agencies have incurred to respond to emergency needs.
- Anticipated awards will range between $10,000 to $15,000.
- Funding can support costs related to temporary housing, modification or expansion of facilities to accommodate social distancing, staffing, supplies, and other demonstrated needs.
Round 2 Eligibility Criteria
- Non-profit agency based and operating in Chicago
- Costs incurred March 16 through May 1
- Track record of robust programming and services for Chicago residents experiencing homelessness
- Currently operating a program to support households experiencing homelessness.
- Alignment with the Chicago Continuum of Care’s Community Standards.
Please note that agencies that received funding in the first round can apply again in this round to support additional needs.
To apply, review the eligibility criteria and then click here to complete the simple online application. Applications for Round 2 are due May 1, 2020, by 5:00pm. All Chicago will review applications and provide funding notifications by the week of May 11th.
General inquiries related to this fund: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries from interested donors, foundations, or corporations: Keri Lowder, email@example.com.
Media inquiries: Keri Lowder, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a donation to the Agency Emergency Fund, click here and select COVID-19 Agency Emergency Fund.