The Chicago Continuum of Care (CoC) is a membership organization comprised of more than 100 organizations and individuals who work to prevent and end homelessness in Chicago. Mandated by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the CoC strategizes and plans a coordinated, comprehensive approach to providing housing and services for people experiencing homelessness.
- Provide funding for efforts by nonprofits, service providers, and state and local governments to prevent homelessness when possible and quickly re-house homeless individuals and families, while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness
- Promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs and resources by homeless individuals and families
- Optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness
- Invitation to bi-annual open CoC meetings
- Voting rights on issues of CoC
- CoC orientation
- Eligibility for committee and board service
- Access to training and technical assistance opportunities
- Access to CoC information via the CoC Member Portal and CoC listservs
- Opportunities to network with people working in homelessness
- ….and more!
- Agree with the mission, values and the above goals of the CoC
- Attendance at semi-annual public CoC meetings
- Participation in advocacy initiatives
- Pay annual dues, if applicable.
Interested in membership?
Already a member?
Questions about your membership? Contact us at CoCPrograms@allchicago.org.
In addition, if you are a CoC member, you may be interested in joining our Lived Experience Commission (LEC) or Service Provider Commission (SPC). The LEC and SPC provide critical input to the work of the CoC and are always accepting new members.
Service Provider Commission (SPC)
The SPC is an organized voice for the homeless service providers.
Its purpose is to: Establish strong, positive collaboration with the HUD Chicago Continuum of Care (CoC); Establish strong, positive, collaboration with public and private funders, policy makers, and corporations; Effectively influence public policy related to homeless services through advocacy; Significantly increase public and private financial resources for service providers.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the SPC, please contact the officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lived Experience Commission (LEC)
The LEC is a coalition of individuals who are receiving or have received services from Chicago’s homeless system, people who were formerly homeless, or people at risk of becoming homeless.
This commission was formed to ensure an organized voice for those with lived experience of homelessness.
To learn more about the LEC and how to become a member, please contact or CoCprograms@allchicago.org.